The Public Victory
Moving from independence to interdependence
The Emotional Bank Account plays an important role.
Emotional Bank Account
- Easy to Withdraw
- One Withdrawal can wipe out many deposits – can even go in to the RED!
- Basis for Trust
Six Major Deposits:
- Understand the individual
- Attend to the Little Things
- Keeping Commitments
- Clarifying Expectations
- Showing Personal Integrity
- Apologizing Sincerely when you make a Withdrawal
Habit 4: Think Win/Win
6 Paradigms of Human Interaction
- Win/Win or No Deal
Habit 5: Seek first to Understand
- Seek first to Understand, then to be Understood — or — Don’t prescribe before you diagnose!
- Use Empathic Listening
- Diagnose before you prescribe
- Don’t use autobiographical responses.
- This Habit is smack in the middle of your Circle of Influence!
Autobiographical responses are:
Habit 6: Synergy
Definition of Synergy
- 1+1=3 or 4 or 100 or …
- It is the basis for Principled Centered Leadership
- Fish for the 3rd alternative
- Value differences! (IDIC)
Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw
- Principle of Balanced Self-Renewal
- 4 Dimensions of Human Nature
- Physical (Exercise, Nutrition, Stress Management)
- Social/Emotional (Service, Empathy, Synergy, Intrinsic Security)
- Mental (Reading, visualizing, Planning, Writing)
- Spiritual (Value Clarification & Commitment, Study & Meditation)
- Balance in Renewal
- Synergy in Renewal
- Upward Spiral – Learn, Commit, Do, …